Queensland Umbrella Tree

Scheffler Actinophylia ,is a popular domestic-hedge plant.

Native to Australia is also called Queensland Umbrella Tree.
It has decorated – small palm like arranged leaves.
In some places in India, it grows u to 3 to 10 meters in height to become a large tree.
I have observed it as a slow growing shrub in my garden.
It has a variegated variety with leaves having ivory or yellow blotches/splashes.
It can be propagated through stem cutting.
It needs moderately fertile & well drained soil .

Recently I noticed a nicely pruned hedge of Scheffler Actinophylia or the Quennsland Umbrella - at the Bangalore Club.

However in my garden as a small landscape shrub & a filler plant with excellent foliage needing little water, all year round.

The plant nurseries in Andhra Pradesh call it The SCHEFFLERA HICOLAR.

Comments

Charlene said…
Wonderful story. I love the name of this lovely plant... Queensland Umbrella Tree".
And the pansies are so sweet, their faces lighting up the garden, like visiting fairies. I have pansies here in Maine, U.S.A. and sometimes they come up wildly, in the lawn or even in the driveway, in miniature form which we call "Johnnie Jump Ups".

Thank You!
Charlene

Popular posts from this blog

Trees Of Jaipur III

Trees Of Jaipur I: Indian Gooseberry

Gratifying Garden