2 Poems I Read





Teach your children
what we have taught our children --


That the earth is our mother


Whatever befalls the earth
befalls the sons and daughters of the earth.

If men spit upon the ground,
they spit upon themselves.

This we know
The earth does not belong to us,

we belong to the earth

This we knowAll things are connected

like the blood which unites one family.

All things are connected.

Whatever befalls the earth
befalls the sons and daughters of the earth.

We do not weave the web of life,

We are merely a strand in it.

Whatever we do to the web,we do to ourselves.

By--Chief Seattle


*****



The beauty of the trees, the softness of the air,


the fragrance of the grass speaks to me.


The summit of the mountain, the thunder of the sky,


The rhythm of the sea, speaks to me.


The faintness of the stars,


the freshness of the morning,


the dewdrop on the flower, speaks to me.


The strength of the fire,


the taste of salmon,


the trail of the sun,


and the life that never goes away,


they speak to me


And my heart soars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees Of Jaipur III

Trees Of Jaipur I: Indian Gooseberry

Gratifying Garden